Outfit: Stripes + Plaid

Nothing like ringing in 2015 with bright colors and a bit of pattern play! Actually I have been creatively wearing everything that I haven't packed for Europe. I've had this striped J.Crew dress for years now and it remains one of my favorites (I will probably have it shipped to me for the summer). And while I love my J.Crew Field Jacket in Florida, it isn't very warm or waterproof, so it will have to be left behind to make room for more functional pieces. Of course, I am taking this amazing scarf and my favorite red Hunters, but since I am planning on wearing them on the plane, they have escaped being packed away.






scarf // dress (very old) // jacket // wellies

I really love the colors of this scarf, and believe it or not, I scored it on eBay. I originally fell in love with Zara's version of this colorful plaid blanket scarf, but I waited too long and it sold out. Since then I've seen reproductions everywhere. But when I stumbled on it on eBay (at an amazing price), I had to have it. I was a little nervous when I realized that it shipped from China, but I decided to go for it. It took three weeks to arrive, but as you can see it was worth the wait.

With only a week or so left before I depart, I've been running all over town - canceling gym memberships, changing my cell phone plan, getting Euros, buying last minute travel items, paying bills... etc., etc., etc! This outfit was perfect for just such a day of errand running. This week will be another crazy one as I try to fit in all of my pre-departure appointments - hair, nails, eyebrows - and spend time with all my friends before I leave! You think anyone will notice if I just wear this everyday?

Labels: , , , , , ,