Postcards from the French Riviera

Cannes

the famous red carpet in Cannes

St. Tropez

St. Tropez

St. Tropez

Nice

Nice

Nice (old town)

Monte Carlo

Monte Carlo

Remember when I said I was tired of traveling and needed a break? Well, I must be a glutton for punishment, because over the long Easter weekend (which is extra long in Italy) I visited 5 cities (in three countries) in just four days! When your best friend asks you if you can assist her on a 4-day trip to the French Riviera and Barcelona, there is but one answer, no matter how tired you are... Yes!

So after arriving home from Berlin Monday evening, I unpacked, repacked, and departed Thursday night after work for Cannes. The itinerary for this trip was packed. We traveled Thursday evening to Cannes, and spent that night and the next morning in Cannes. After lunch the next day, we headed to St. Tropez for the afternoon before setting off on a (long) bus ride to Barcelona. We arrived in Barcelona late Friday evening and spent two nights and two days enjoying the city (but more on that tomorrow). Sunday evening we headed back to the French Riviera. We spent Sunday night and Monday morning in Nice and had an afternoon stop in Monte Carlo (Monaco) before heading back to Florence Monday evening.

Unfortunately, we hit major traffic on our way home and didn't get in to Florence until 3:30 am. Needless to say, I was exhausted at work yesterday. But as I scrolled through these pictures to post them, I remembered just how beautiful the French Riviera was. And I thought to myself, so what if I am tired? While this trip involved a lot of traveling and moved at a fast pace, it was also a little relaxing. The towns of the French Riviera are small, which means visiting them equals strolling, shopping, and relaxing on the beach, rather than attempting to conquer a list of museums and sites. I was happy to turn my brain off and just take a ton of pictures (and do a bit of souvenir shopping of course)!

I think St. Tropez was my favorite (just so picturesque!), followed by Cannes and Nice. I won't lie, Monte Carlo was a bit disappointing and some parts were very industrial looking. But, I did enjoy exploring each city, even if it was just for a couple hours. The French Riviera is definitely the perfect place for a relaxing vacation! Although, I think if I had to choose, the Amalfi Coast is still my favorite vacation spot!

Don't worry, I am definitely staying put in Florence this weekend, I need to catch up on life!

Labels: , , , , , ,