Outfit: Tampa River Walk









Is anyone else super jealous of Taylor Swift's squad (#squadgoals)? Well, I am. In fact, Britt and I have long discussed our desire to assemble our own squad of amazing, empowered women (why is it so hard to make female friends as you age?). Fortunately, we have made some serious headway on this. First, I met Jen in Florence. Then we added Jess. And now we have found another kindred spirit (who is actually local!) - Kelly! Not only does Kelly have a fab fashion and lifestyle blog, but she also designs a line of super-soft and charming tees and sweatshirts. Our squad is really coming together nicely, now if we could all live in the same city.

Last Tuesday before I left, the 3/5 of the squad that was local ventured out to the "new" Tampa Riverwalk. I had not seen it since it was officially completed. I feel like the Riverwalk has been in the works since I first moved to Tampa (ages ago), so it was nice to see the finished product. It is basically a long trail along the Hillsborough River that you can bike or walk with several parks and art/sculpture displays disbursed along the way. It was especially hot when we went, so we didn't stay long, but I am sure that when I return home in December, I will be spending a lot more time along the Riverwalk (which also has a bike share station, who does like bike rides along the river?).

This red gingham skirt was one of the first things I purchased when I returned home. I don't normally shop at the Limited, but I couldn't resist it. Sadly, the skirt is almost completely sold out (only extra smalls left), but I did find a similar version, although fair warning it is from Chicwish (you can read my review of Chicwish here).

I must admit that I struggled to find a top to pair with the skirt (white tops are not a busty lady's friend). I finally stumbled upon this ruffled eyelet top, which I realized I could pair with my new favorite flats. These are definitely the "it" flats for fall, I feel like I have seen them everywhere. But I couldn't help myself, I loved them. Plus they are comfortable enough for walking around Florence in. I have linked a couple options, since they too seem to be selling out fast!

I am probably arriving in Italy as you read this. Hopefully I will be able to recover form my jet lag quickly, especially since I have to work tomorrow! It was harder than expected to leave Tampa. I figured I would be itching to get back to Italy, but I stayed just long enough to settle back into my old routines and feel like I was home. I am sure once I arrive in Florence, however, I will fall right back into my old routines there as well.

SHOP THE POST


Labels: , , , ,