Friends in Florence







This week has been amazing because I have been able to see two of my closest friends from home. Kelly and her husband came to Florence for a 3-day visit and I am spending the next couple days with Britt in Paris. I have missed my squad enormously and it is so wonderful to be able to spend time with each of them in my favorite cities.

Although we only had three days together, and I had to work as well, Kelly, Chris and I made the most of our three days together. Neither Kelly nor Chris had been to Florence, so we hit the ground running to see as much as possible (we averaged about 12 miles each day!). We managed to hit all of the major sites--the Duomo, Uffizi, Bardini and Boboli Gardens, Palazzo Vecchio, Piazzale Michelangelo, the David, Mercato Centrale, and Ponte Vecchio--and eat in all of my favorite restaurants--Osteria Santo Spirito, Bocca Negra, Il Giova, Trattoria Sergio Gozzi, Giacosa, and Gusta Pizza.

Don’t worry, we still managed to have a blast and give our ab muscles a workout from laughing despite our fast-paced schedule. It was hard to say goodbye after such a short trip, but I am so thankful I got to see them and share my home away from home, Florence.

PS - If you haven’t checked out Kelly’s amazing line of tees and sweatshirts, you really should! I live in my Tres Chic sweatshirt.

Labels: , ,