Fast Forward to Fall

First, I cannot believe we are already five days into August. And second, we are only 49 days away from fall! Where does the time go? At the end of every summer (as I swelter in the blistering heat of Florence) I am amazed at how early the designer windows fill with fall looks. Despite the heat (and the fact that I live in Florida), I cannot help but get excited to see the new looks and get a preview of what is going to be on trend for the upcoming season.

If this year's window displays in Florence are any indication, we will be seeing a lot thigh-high and knee-high socks and boots, more hats (yay!), lots of chokers, more shoulder cut outs, voluminous sleeves, ruffles and bows, block heels, and lots of fall floral patterns -- all of which I love and plan on incorporating into my fall wardrobe. There are some trends that I will, of course, be rejecting. For example, slip on loafers (so impractical), 90s baby tees and bucket hats (just, no), and cropped flared/wide leg pants (universally unflattering).

As much as I wanted to shop the Nordstrom Anniversary sale, it is hard an ocean away (don't worry I managed to pick up a few key items thanks to friends back home). I also have to remind myself that I live in Florida and if I begin purchasing fall items now, I won't be able to wear them for months. So, I have slowly been bookmarking items that reflect what's trending for fall, while still being wearable now.

Here is what I am currently lusting over:


cold shoulder dress (also love this top) // cropped skinny jeans // pink boater hat // bow choker
floral blouse // over the knee boots // bell sleeve top // mixed print dress (obsessed with this one)
sweater dress (great price!) // ruffle bow-neck dress // ruffle collar shirt // black hat // t-strap flats


What are you loving for fall?


SHOP THE POST:

Labels: , ,