Fall Pattern Play

How to mix prints and patterns for fall

Central Park in the Fall

Mixing Prints with Club Monaco

Fall in Central Park, Bow Bridge

Central Park Row Boats

Mixing prints for fall, Dagne Dover Ava bucket bag

Fall trends, print mixing with Club Monaco

Bow Bridge, Central Park, New York City, Fall


hat // coat // sunnies // blouse // skirt // booties (old, similar) // c/o Dagne Dover Ava bucket bag

Fall, the season of rich colors and luscious fabrics. It is also my favorite season to play with patterns. Club Monaco has been killing it lately. I stopped by while in DC before heading to New York. We don't have a Club Monaco near me in Florida (tragic, I know), and while online shopping is fun, it doesn't replace the real thing.

When I saw this blouse and floral leather skirt in the Georgetown store, I immediately wanted to try them together. The sales staff thought I was a little crazy at first, but once I had it on, they loved it too. The thing I love about playing with patterns is that it can transform the individual items already in your wardrobe. Together these items create a bold, fashionable look. Separately, they work as timeless classics. So whenever you tire of your current wardrobe, try playing with patterns. You can read all my advice for playing with patterns here.

I should have done a better job showcasing the details of this blouse. But take my word that it is a gorgeous piece. It buttons down the back and has a pretty ruffle detail on the front and on the cuffs of the sleeves, which you can see a bit of in the photos. The skirt is faux leather, and although it looks pleated on the website, it is just seamed to look pleated. I actually prefer this since pleated skirts can sometimes add too much volume, especially in a stiff fabric like this one.

I wore this look for a day in Central Park. Central Park in the fall is stunning. My favorite part of the park is the Bow Bridge and the Ramble and Lake. Emily and I wandered a bit, marveling at all the colorful leaves, before deciding to take out a rowboat. Row-boating on the lake was a bucket list item for both of us. Unfortunately, it is not as easy as it looks! And getting that perfect "rowing-shot" was pretty impossible. That said, it was a hilarious experience and well worth the $15 (please note they only accept cash, we learned that one the hard way).

I still can't get over the gorgeous weather we enjoyed on this trip. New York and Central Park were definitely showing off!


SHOP THE POST:

Labels: , , , , , , ,