Blooms and Bubbles

Hyde Park Village, go-to destination for shopping, entertainment, and nightlife in Tampa, Florida

Florist Fire Workshop, Hyde Park Village


Hyde Park Village, go-to destination for shopping, entertainment, and nightlife in Tampa, Florida

Kate Spade Dress, Hyde Park Village, Tampa

Florist Fire Workshop, Hyde Park Village

Florist Fire Workshop, Hyde Park Village

Florist Fire Workshop, Hyde Park Village

Best Photo Spots in Tampa - Hyde Park Village

Charming Hyde Park Village, Tampa FL

I have never been one for Valentine's Day, but I do love Galentine's Day. Like Leslie Knope, I much prefer to celebrate the fabulous ladies in my life (oh, and it is also my birthday!). This year, I teamed up with Hyde Park Village and Florist Fire to host a blooms and bubbles flower arranging event. You guys, it was such a fun and fabulous way to spend a morning with your favorite gals!

Florist Fire in Hyde Park Village offers all sorts of fun floral workshops. You can attend a flower crown making event for you and your closest gal pals to celebrate a birthday, shower, or just a Friday (who cares, it is super fun!). The fabulous ladies at Florist Fire make the most beautiful and modern bouquets, so we opted for the floral arranging lesson. We learned a ton about how to cut, combine, and arrange various flowers, all while sipping bubbly and laughing, a lot. You can find a list of all of their upcoming floral events in the Village here.

I took home some very important lessons from this class. First, floral arranging is not easy lol. Kelly and I needed a lot of help and guidance, but by the end we really please with our arrangements. I also learned that is is important to choose a variety of high quality flowers. I mean look at those gorgeous peonies! And I love that we mixed them with hydrangeas (our base), roses, ranunculuses, and tulips. Finally, and perhaps most importantly, I realized that no arrangement is complete without a mini pineapple!

By now, I am sure that you are aware that I spend a lot of time in the Hyde Park Village. It is a quick bike ride from my house (just look at those amazing bikes the Village has and let us borrow), and houses all of my local favorites -- Buddy Brew Coffee, Florist Fire, Sprinkles, Kendra Scott, Hyppo Gourmet Popsicles, On Swann, Bar Taco, Blue Mercury, and lots more. What I love most about the Village is its community spirit. They are always hosting events like outdoor movies, fresh farmer's markets, and various social gatherings, not to mention it is charming and beautiful. If you are ever visiting Tampa, make sure you put it on your must-see list.

So, which do you prefer, Galentine's or Valentine's Day?


SHOP MY GALENTINE'S DAY LOOK:

Labels: , , , ,