A Day in the Hyde Park Village











Last week I basically had the best day ever! You all know how much I love the Hyde Park Village, so when they asked me to partner with them to create my perfect day in the Village, I jumped at the chance. I had no idea that when I submitted my dream day, they would make all of it happen!

Here is the thing about the Hyde Park Village it is the perfect blend of small, local boutiques and large, well-known brands. Throw in amazing dining, luxurious beauty retailers, and a gorgeous outdoor space and you could easily craft the perfect day on your own, with your girlfriends, or a significant other.

Naturally, I began my perfect day in the Village at Buddy Brew Coffee. If you aren't familiar with Buddy Brew, it is a local specialty coffee roaster with something of a cult following in Tampa. Not only is the coffee amazing, they have established four hip and modern Tampa locations (Oxford Exchange, the flagship on Kennedy, a recently-opened airport location, and, of course, in the Hyde Park Village). There are three things I have come to expect from Buddy Brew -- excellent coffee, great design and aesthetic, and the friendliest people. Their motto after all is "brew good, do good."

Once caffeinated, I headed over to the Aveda salon for a blow out. Becuase my perfect day definitely does not include doing my own hair! After a luxurious blow out, I checked out the new arrivals at Anthropologie before meeting up with Kelly for lunch at On Swann. Remember when I said the Village has amazing dining options? Well, the latest edition, On Swann, does not disappoint. I love the Mediterranean charcuterie and shaved brussel sprout salad. And when I am feeling naughty, I indulge in the prosciutto, fig, and fontina grilled cheese with truffle fries. Other great dining options in the Village include: Goody Goody, bartaco, the Wine Exchange, Timpanos, and Piquant.

After stuffing our faces, Kelly and I headed over to bluemercury for makeovers! I must admit that I was not familiar with bluemercury before my day in the Village. But now, I am a total convert. Think of it like an upscale, less crazy and overwhelming Sephora. The service and the samples are amazing. I am still mad that they sent me home with La Mer eye cream samples, because now my eyes know exactly what they have been missing! My session included a skin consultation (they also offer skin treatments and facials) and make up application. I found so many fabulous new products for spring, which I promise to share soon.

Looking fab, Kelly and I had our sights set on some shopping. We started with two adorable local boutiques, Juxtapose and Scout and Molly's. I found this Chloe-esque orange crossbody at Juxtapose and this perfect-for-spring dress at Scout and Molly's. I also discovered the unimaginable at Scout and Molly's -- boyfriend jeans that are actually flattering! I know, it was a big day. We also hit up lululemon, Kendra Scott, the Paper Source, and J.McLaughlin before ending our day on a sweet note at Sprinkles. I told you it was the perfect day.

I love living so close to such a community driven space. Whether it is the weekend farmer's market, out door movie on the grass, or Friday's at the fountain, there is always something fun going on at the Hyde Park Village. You will basically find me there at least three times a week!


If you're not local, make sure you don't miss the Hyde Park Village on your next visit to Tampa (and you can see all of my local favorites here)!


SHOP THE POST:



A very special thanks to the Hyde Park Village for sponsoring this post and generally being amazing people to work with!

Labels: , , , ,