The Best of the West Village









It is no secret that my favorite neighborhood in New York is the West Village (SoHo is a close second). In my opinion it is the best concentration of charming streets, brownstones, hidden gardens, trendy restaurants, and great boutiques. Historically, the West Village, or the simply the Village, was the center of New York's bohemian cultural and the birthplace of the LGBT movement.

Emily and I spend most of our time in the city together eating, strolling, and shopping our way through the Village. Honestly, I just feel cooler when I am in the West Village. Of course, that could also be because of these amazing vegan leather leggings I was wearing the day we shot these pictures. Not only are they so comfortable and flattering, but they are also not expensive (the quality is excellent for the price)! But I digress. Today, I wanted to share my favorite places to eat, snack, grab a coffee, shop, and stroll in the West Village!

Where to stroll:
Washington Square Park
A lively outdoor space full of children playing, street artists, people relaxing in the park, and the famous chess players.

Gay Street
Perhaps one of the prettiest little streets in Manhattan, Gay street is a rare gem of a street that you can stroll sans cars and traffic! This makes it a great photo spot for bloggers.

Bleecker Street
On Bleecker street you will find a mix of great designers mixed with local and unique boutiques.

Where to eat:
While We Were Young
I am obsessed with this place! The food is as good as the aesthetic, and the aesthetic is perfection. It's a pink velvet and rosé cocktail dream.

Gradisca
Authentic doesn't even begin to describe this Italian restaurant. They literally have grandma rolling gnocchi at a table in the middle of the restaurant. I was excited to use my Italian, so I chatted her up a bit. She was so sweet and explained that she was originally from Bologna, which is the culinary capital of Italy. So believe me, the food here is amazing!

Waverly Inn
Secluded and chic, this place attracts a lot of celebrities. If you are feeling extravagant, try the truffle mac and cheese!

Murray's Cheese
A restaurant dedicated to cheese, need I say more?

Magnolia Bakery
A West Village staple, Magnolia offers classical American baked goods. But it is the banana pudding that keeps me coming back! It reminds me of my great grandma's banana pudding, complete with Nilla wafers.

Sweets by Chloe (technically Greenwich, but close enough)
Another great spot for coffee or a sweet treat. I also really love and appreciate the commitment to a full hot pink aesthetic.

Café Cluny
French inspired cuisine and a great spot for brunch.


For more great tips on New York, be sure to check out Emily's guide here!


SHOP THE POST:

Labels: , , , , , , ,